Sunday 22 November 2009

Good-byes

This will likely be a short blog again---although I said that last time and failed to keep it short. Tonight is somewhat sad as it's the last night with the 2 ladies from the UK that have been sharing living space with me over the past while. They are leaving tomorrow morning and the guesthouse will be feeling the quietest it has felt since I arrived. It will be an adjustment but I'm sure there will be positive aspects of not sharing space with as many people.

My last post was when I was in Jinja and unfortunately I succombed to food poisoning or something that Saturday night so my Sunday was spent in bed instead of exploring Jinja. Thankfully I think I have mostly recuperated although for the last month or so I haven't had many days of feeling fully myself physically. I am not sure what the cause but I'm hoping I soon will regain my usual energy and sense of wellness.

As far as prayer praises and requests....

-One of my young patients thankfully is currently having a paediatric wheelchair modified for him and hopefully it will be finished on Monday. I found out last week that he is being discharged so didn't have much time to sort out a wheelchair. I was pleased that one I thought was not available became available to use for him. However the family cannot take it to his house by transport so I am hoping that we can find a way to deliver it to his home in the village soon. I wish I could post pics more easily as I'd love to share a picture with you all of his beaming smile as he sat in the wheelchair. I'm disappointed that he is leaving already as I was just becoming more involved with him and excited to do more work with him. I just pray that his family will take better care of him then they have in the past. I am planning on liaising with the community based rehab worker to follow up with him and I hope to go out myself to check on how he is doing at home. Please pray for protection for him and for patience and love from his brother and family who care for him.

Meeting- this Wednesday we have a big meeting with the rehab staff, a few Dr's and the community workers to review how the past year has gone and discuss what changes can be made for next year. Please pray for good communication and for wisdom and creative ideas for this coming year with regards to the rehab work. Please also pray for us all to have open minds regarding possible changes etc.

Computer- I have reluctantly decided to try to purchase a computer in Kampala. I have an opportunity to catch a ride with one of the Dr's to Kampala this week so will plan to purchase a computer. Please pray for wisdom and clarity as I try to make a wise decision on what computer would be best with little time to shop.

Well the power (electricity) just cut, so I better sign off so I don't drain the computer battery as it is not my computer!

Will try to catch up more later

No comments:

Post a Comment