Wednesday 24 March 2010

My House!

This is our place in Kumi. Well my two roommates prefer to sleep in the hut although there is room in the house for them if they want. I sleep in the main house and they spend most of their day in the main house as well. That is the pit latrine you can see across from the hut.













These are the fields by our place that recently were rather active with people planting their crops now that the rainy season has truly started.



Just to show the distance from the house to the pit latrine. Far enough that you think twice before having a cup of coffee or drinking too much of any liquid in the evening;)



Our back porch with some furniture which is nice for using when we have visitors or just having breakfast outside sometimes etc.









My roommate Mareike and a guy from their mission that was visiting and he was a huge blessing as he helped us get our generator going so we could actually pump water for the first time in about 2 months I think! We basically just use it to pump water so we can have running water inside the house. However, it only worked a couple times I think then broke down again. We got it "fixed" and then it broke again and now we have to buy another part to fix it properly! The majority of my time since I moved to this place we have had no running water... but it's amazing how you just adapt and get by. He also fixed other things in our place which was wonderful!














No comments:

Post a Comment